MUNAMBAM POLICE STATION
The Munambam Police Station was formed and opened in the year 1979. Since then it has been functioning in the building situated in 61.75 cents of land in survey No.36/3 of Kuzhupilly village . At the time of opening this Police Station was under the jurisdiction of the Superintendent of Police , Ernakulam Rural District of which the present Ernakilam District . At the time of opening Pallippuram and Kuzhupilly Karas were included in the Munambam Police Station
On 15.06.1979 Munambam Police Station started and functioned. The police station building was newly constructed, function from 07.01.2009 in Kuzhupilly Village Re-survey No. 127/5 at Pallippuram Kara
Photo of Munambam Police Station
Munambam Police Station Jurisdiction border comes Azhikkal Coastal PS, Thrissur Northern side, Vadakkekara and North Paravoor PS Eastern side, Narakkal PS Southern side and Arabian Sea in Western Side
Village offices - Pallippuram and Kushuppilly
This Police Station is coming under the jurisdiction of Aluva Sub Division.
Parliament Constituency and Legislative Assembly
Munambam Police Station belongs to Ernakulam Parliament Constituency and in vypin legislative Assemblies.
Important Tourist Place
Cherai Beach, a picturesque beach, located on the north-end of the Vypeen Island is ideal for swimming. Lined with luscious green coconut groves and paddy fields, this sandy beach is a unique combination of the sea and the backwaters, studded with seashells of various hues and shapes. Dolphines are occasionally seen here. Thick coconut groves and Chinese fishing nets on the waterfront are added attractions.
Cherai Beach is located in Kochi Taluk, Kerala, India. Cherai Beach is just 25 km from Kochi, and 30 km from Cochin International Airport. The nearest towns are North Paravur (6 km) and Kodungallur (10 km) and the nearest railway station is Aluva (20 km).
Important establishments and institutions
- Ayyampilly Govt. Hospital
- Govt. Homeo Hospital, Cherauvaippu
- Govt. Homeo Dispensary, Cherai
- Kovilakathumkadavu Govt. Ayurveda Hospital
- Ayurveda Hospital, Kuzhypilly
- Munambam Govt. Hospital
- Vettinary Hospital, Cherai
- Kuzhupilly Panchayath Office
- Kuzhupilly Block Office
- Kuzhupilly Village Office
- SC/ST Development Office, Kuzhupilly
- Krishi Bhavan, Pallathamkulangara
- Sub Registrar Office, Kuzhupilly
- KSEB, Cherai
- Post Office, Cherai
- KSFE, Cherai
- Pallippuram Panchayathu Office
- Pallippuram Village Office
- Krishi Bhavan Office, Pallippuram
- Ksheera Vikasana Office, Pallippuram
- RAMS Collage Ayyampilly
- St. Joseph LP School, Munamabm
- Govt. LP School, Pallipuram
- St. Mary’s HS, Pallipuram
- St. Rocky’s School. Kovilakathumkadav
- SMHS, Cherai
- SMHSS, Cherai
- SMLP School. Cherai
- S.S. Araya, UP School, Cherai
- St. George , UP School. Ckakkarakadavu
- Govt. Girls LP School, Cherai
- Govt. Girls LP School, Cherai
- Govt. LP School, Cherai
- St. Johns LP School, Manappilly
- RVU. LP school, Cherai
- RVU HS, Cherai
- St. Augustine GHSS, Kuzhuppilly
- St. Grigorious UP School, Cherai
- VDS LP School, Cheruvyppu
- Bhagavathivilasam, LP School, Pallathankulangara
- UCO Bank, Munambam
- Co-Operative Bank, Pallipuram
- Service Co-operative Bank, Kuzhuppilly
- Dist. Co-operative Bank, Kuzhuppilly
- SBI, Cherai
- KSFE, Cherai
Major Hindu Temples and festivals
- Sreekrishna Temple, Munambam
- Ayyappa Temple, Munambam
- Bhuvaneswari Temple, Cherai
- Thirumanankunnu Temple, Cherai
- Thrikkadappilly temple, Cherai
- Rektheswari temple, Cherai
- Gawreeswaram Temple, Cherai.
- Siva temple, Ayyampilly
- Sreekrishna Temple, Kovilakathumkadavu
- Nediyara Temple, Bakery Jn.
- Kovilunkal Temple, Cherai
- Chembuzhi Temple, Cheruvyppu
- Pallathankulangara Bhagavathi Temple
- Pallipuram Manjumatha Bazalica, Munambam
- St. Rocky Church, kovilakathumkadavu
- St. Joseph Church, Munambam
- Velankanni Church, Munambam
- Chakkarakadavu Church, Cherai
- Japamalarani Church, Cherai
- Jacobites Church, Ayyampilly
- Amalaolbhavamatha Church, Chruvyppu
- St. Augustin Church, Kuzhuppilly.
- Juma Masjid, Munamba
- Juma Masjid, Cherai
Names of Colony
- OLH colony at Cherai
- Ambedkar Harijan Colony at Ayyampilly
- Little flower Convent (Orphanage) For Girls, Pallippuram
- Vridha Sadanam at Convent West
Vyppin-Munambam Sate Highway is the main road way in this Station limit. One of them Main Ferry to Azhikodu in Thrissur Dist. named Munambam jetty and other one is Kunjithai Ferry near Manjumatha Bazallica. Only one bus stand is in Munambam station limit near Munambam jettyThe buses services towards North Paravur, Ernakulam and Kodungallor are available from Munambam bus stand. One bridge at Manibazar Jn. to Malyankara-Moothakunnam and other one at Cherai to Perumpadanna.
Historical and Tourism Important Place
Goureeswaram Temple at Cherai is known as Malaya Palani. The birth home of Sahodaran Ayyappan is situated in Cherai named sahodaran Smarakam. The famous Tourist Center Cherai Beach is the limit of Munambam Police Station. Manjumatha Bazallica is the famous pilgrim center in Vyppin Island.
Back side of Police Station there is an Ancient Europen Building known as Pallippuram Fort. It is the most ancient European Building in India constructed in AD 1503 by Detch. The archeological is still kept as a Historical relic by the Govt.
Main Projects through the PS
The following projects are functioning in the station limit as part of Government Policy. A special team is formed for the smooth functioning of the below mentioned projects.
Women Help Desk
With the help of women help desk women who came to Police Station are getting assistance from women civil police officers in official matters and huge relief.
Senior citizen Help desk
An elder friendly Officer is giving aid to senior citizens in the station limit.
Clean Campus Safe Campus
The clean campus safe campus programme is effectively implementing in all most all Schools functioning under this police station limits in a good manner.
|Sub Inspector||Asst.Sub Inspector||Senior Civil Police Officer||Women Senior Civil Police Officer||Civil Police Officer||Women Civil Police Officer|